How to build a Soaring Grid
How we built our Soaring Level GridMaterials Needed:
- One large piece of 1/2 in thick Plexy Glass of whatever size you want your grid to be. We made ours 36” x 24”
- Four 20” long 1/2” diameter threaded steel or aluminum rods
- 32 1/2” nuts
- 8 large washers 1.5” diameter
- Measuring Device
- Drill press (easiest) or Hand-held Drill (hard)
- Permanent marker
- Straight Edge
- Measure in from each edge and make a mark 2” from each edge in each corner. You should have four marks, one in each corner of the sheet of plexy glass.
- Drill a 1/2 inch hole over each mark so you have four holes, one in each corner of the plexy glass.
- Taking each rod, thread one nut, then one washer, put the rod through the hole in the plexy glass, then add another washer and then another nut. This is sandwich the plexy glass between two washers and two bolts to make one leg.
- Continue step 3 for each rod to make four legs.
- To make feet on the bottom of your rods so they don’t scratch the table surface, take two nuts and thread them to the bottom of the rods so they mask the rough end of the threaded rod.